gentlefeministsupermommy

I am a feminist super mommy. This blog will be a hybrid discussing feminism and the effects of patriarchy. And it will also discuss parenting. A strange hybrid, but I think both often run into one another in terms of the basis of belief systems :)

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gentle Feminist Super Mommy

Okay. this is my new blog I have created to rant about what I want to rant about and think about what I want to think about. I am sure my very presence and title description will offend some. but that is OKAY.

First thing is first. Who I am. Well I am Candice QP and I live in the USA, but I am actually Canadian. I will always be a Canadian even if I someday get my citizenship down here. Before I get shot by my fellow Canadians, its REALLY annoying being in a country where you can't vote but policies affect you. and just for FUN I would probably vote DEMOCRAT because according to the propoganda I am SUPPOSE to vote REPUBLICAN because I am an evangelical Christian.
Frankly, the word itself almost makes me cringe because of the political connotations that go along with it. But about about this: I don't care if gays marry, I am not a big fan of the war in Iraq. I do sit on the pro life side of the fence, though I do completely and totally emphathise with the pro choice position. but that is a whole other post. I do support civil unions and would prefer that gay marriage, I will admit.
I can't stand Dobson or FOTF and all of their patriarchal, scare tactic crap that comes out of their mouth that supposedly represents the "Christian right". Jesus wasn't a politician, hello?! I think he gives terrible parenting advice that sets parents and children against each other. its not even developmentally appropriate coming from a psychologist! geepers. what an idiot.

Okay, I really give little thought to politics except my annoyance over being lumped with EC and their supposed voting status. whatever.

I am almost 27. I have 2 kids. they are both lovely little girls whom I spend my day with. I will probably talk about them too as I focus much of my energies trying to figure out the way to parent them.

I am also a feminist. Its so funny what people think when you say that. In some ways I don't even like to use the word because its like the "f" word in Christian circles or something. To me it really means that women are full human beings and deserve to be treated as such "feminism is the idea that women are people" Alan Alda, so by that definition, I am a feminist.

I also parent gently. which means I don't spank, apply grace to my children as is given to us and try and use nonpunitive measures to discipline my children. the idea is that we are on the same team.

I am moderately crunchy. I am doing selected/delayed vax's with dd2, I had a homebirth and am an exclusive breastfeeder. however, I can't bring myself to cloth diaper. I doubt I will ever be a vegetarian and I will alwalys get my pedicures done at a salon along with my hair. I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup because I am not good at putting it on and it feels a bit ridiculous. my hair is usually just tied up and out of my face, but it doesn't mean its not highlighted.

I will probably offer a few reviews on books I read as well. which mostly these days consist of parenting books. though I did just finish "Good night nobody" utterly hysterical, though I could relate, almost too well to her character.

I hope to use this as my spew my thoughts blog where I will discuss all of the above and God thoughts too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home